Irish apple potato cakesFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 1- pound baking potatoes peeled and quartered shopping list
- 2- granny smith apples , peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
- 2- tablespoons water shopping list
- 4- tablespoons unsalted Kerry gold irish butter shopping list
- 1/4- cup minced fresh flat -leaf parsley shopping list
- 1- tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 12 to 15 minutes , or until tender.
- Drain and mash
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the apples and water.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes , or until the apples begin to break up and are pulpy.
- Drain the apples and stir into the potatoes
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter, the parsley, flour, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well
- With floured hands form the mixture into 8 flat cakes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes…..
- In a large skillet over medium heat , heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the oil
- Fry the potato cakes for 2- 3 minutes each side or until browned and crisp…….
- Makes 8 cakes …