Banana Bread-Bread PuddingFrom elle 6 years ago
- 1 loaf banana bread (approximately 9 x 5 or 8 x 4 inches, or about 6 cups total cubed banana bread) shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 banana, chopped or sliced (you may need 2 if they're small) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350°; grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Slice the banana bread into 1 inch slices, place the slices on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven, about 8-10 minutes, then cut into cubes.
- Layer half the cubes, then the banana, then the rest of the bread cubes, all in the baking dish.
- Whisk the half and half, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl, and pour over the banana bread cubes in the baking dish.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes before putting it in the oven.
- Bake for one hour--a knife inserted in the center will look wet, but mostly clean.
- Let it set for 5-10 minutes, and scoop out and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 43
The Cookelle NH
The Rating6 people
Good evening Elle, This recipe is absolutely wonderful. It's amazing that as long as it has been posted, no one has rated it. Well dear, you have my 5. have a very good night....Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
OK this I have to try!! what a great way to use banana bread.kcmm in North York loved it
Mmmmmm i just love bread puddings thank u!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it