Gingerbread Bread PuddingFrom elle 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°, grease an 8" square pan.
- Slice your gingerbread, place on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cut into cubes.
- Place the cubes in the greased baking dish.
- Whisk the half and half, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl, and pour over the gingerbread.
- Let this sit for about 5 minutes.
- Cover the raisins with water and microwave for about one minute--drain off the water, then sprinkle them over the top of the pudding, kind of pushing them slightly into the pudding.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
- A knife inserted in the center will still look a bit wet, but mostly clean.
- Serve warm, with a bit of cream poured over, whipped cream or ice cream.
The Cookelle NH
The Rating2 people
i love this idea! are the raisins essential? i'm not big on raisins but the recipe sounds delicious!hmarshak in Northbrook loved it