Fig SquaresFrom pat2me 8 years ago
How to make it
- Blend dry ingredients and lard with pastry blender or mixer with dough hook until of even texture and completely blended.
- Add cold water starting with about ¾ to 1 cup, add gradually until crust is consistency to roll out.
- Crust may be rolled immediately on well floured surface or refrigerated for use later.
- Bring to room temperature before rolling out.
- Roll crust into two rectangles on well floured surface, to approximately 10 x 14 or so.
- Place one crust onto a baking sheet and spread with fig filling.
- Place second crust on top of filling, seal edges.
- Prick crust all over with fork so that holes are close together, brush lightly with milk
- Bake at 400 F until crust is golden, about 20 - 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
The Cookpat2me Nashua, NH
The Rating5 people
great recipe thanks bunches.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds delicious, Pat, thanks for posting and sharing!!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Very good Pat!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!