Chocolate Mayonnaise CakeFrom blueeyes68ky 5 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- brown sugar FROSTING: shopping list
- 1/4 Cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda.
- Add water, mayonnaise and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thoroughtly combined.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch. square or 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely.
- For frosting, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in milk.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat by hand until frosting is of spreading consistency.
- Immediately frost cake.
- Yield: 9-12 servings.
- Editor's Note: Light or low-fat mayonnaise should not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating6 people
hi blueeyes68k thank you for the request i would love to be your cooking buddy, i haven't submitted any recipes lately but i plan on getting on it within the week,the chocolate cake recipe looks yummy and i bet it is really moist,i have looked throug...morechell_chell in Ann Arbor loved it
My Mom used to make a similar cake! Great recipe. Gets my 5.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
great tasty recipe thanks bunches.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Piece Of Cake376 members
Southern Cooks554 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Choco Lovers138 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Friends In The Kitchen313 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members