Shrimp And Jicama CevicheFrom uk2nyc 7 years ago
- 1 Pound FRESH FRESH medium or large shrimp, cleaned, devined or butterflied shopping list
- 6 fresh limes juiced and seeds removed shopping list
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander ( cilantro), chopped finely shopping list
- 1 medium sized jicama, diced into squares ( Available at your Latin American grocers or supermarket) shopping list
- 1 medium cucumber, diced into squares shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped (you can use more to turn up the heat) shopping list
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced into squares shopping list
- 3 medium firm red roma tomatoes ( Or any other succulent red tomatoes) shopping list
- Tabasco to taste ( optional) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Ok! for those of you who don't care much for "raw" seafood..or don't get ultra fresh shrimp... the key is to immerse the shrimp, shell on, into a pot of boiling water for about 2 mins. This will cook them. Let them cool, remove the shell, devine them and chop them into pieces. For those of you who do get fresh shrimp, you can follow the recipe below.
- Chop the shrimp and put them in a bowl
- Add the lime juice, mix well
- Add the Jicama, cucumber, onion, jalapeno and tomato
- Mix well
- Add the tabasco, salt and cilantro and mix well.
- Press down on the mixture a little to let the juices seep out and mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight in the fridge
- Serve with tortilla chips or fresh crusty bread.
- Please note that if you do use the raw shrimp as i did.. the acid in the lemons and tomatoes will "cook" the shrimp. The one pictured above has its reddish cooked colour and the acid did the trick.
The Cookuk2nyc Milano, Italy, IT
The Rating3 people
Hey Richard - how great to see you! I love ceviche and this version sounds and looks outstanding. Mmmm, I wish I had some right now. High 5, m'dear - and thanks so much! I'll be trying this soon. It's perfect inbetween all the rich meals of the h...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Richard I love ceviche and I have a good recipe that I make for special occasions. I love the addition of Jicama in your recipe.
Perfection!trigger in loved it
P.S. Flagged as Beautiful and Unique.
trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!