End-of-the-Garden Hot Pepper RelishFrom mbeards2 5 years ago
- 7 cups of finely chopped hot peppers, seeds and veins removed. My peppers consisted ofJalapenos (green and ripe red ones), Bulgarian carrot peppers and the last of the bell peppers. shopping list
- 4 cups of cider vinegar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of canning salt shopping list
- 2 cups of sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chopped peppers in a 6-8 quart sauce pan.
- Stir in the salt and let sit for about 4 hours.
- Stir in the vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until the liquid has been reduced to the consistency of a syrup. About 45 minutes.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized canning jars, filling to 1/4-inch from the rim.
- Put on lids and bands and process in a boiling waterbath canner for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 5 pints of relish.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmbeards2 Omaha, NE
The Rating3 people
Hot, salty, sour and sweet! This is perfection!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I made this two weeks ago and just opened the first jar last week. I used jalapeno, hot cherry pepper, and banana peppeers from garden. DH and I love it and I have used it in several recipes already. My only tweek next time will be less sugar.bikerchick in Marlboro loved it