Mint Ice CreamFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
How to make it
- Pour cream into a heavy based saucepan then add vanilla pod.
- Keeping heat fairly low bring mixture to just below boiling point then remove vanilla pod.
- Place egg yolks and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat until mixture is pale and light using a balloon whisk or electric beater then transfer to a pan.
- Whisking vigorously pour hot cream into saucepan in a steady stream.
- Continue to whisk until mixture thickens slightly then leave to cool.
- Stir in the mint then spoon mixture into a suitable container for freezing.
- Freeze until ice crystals form around the edges then beat mixture until smooth.
- Repeat process once or twice then freeze until firm.
- Alternatively use an ice cream maker following manufacturer's instructions.
- Allow ice cream to stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving to soften slightly.
- Serve in individual bowls with fresh mint sprigs as garnish.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!