English Apple Custard PieFrom 22566 8 years ago
- pie crust for one 10" Pie plate shopping list
- 1 Pound Jar applesauce shopping list
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar,firmly packed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 4 Farm Fresh eggs,beaten shopping list
- 1 Cup Cream shopping list
- 1 Jar of cinnamon apple Rings(homemade or from store) shopping list
How to make it
- Make crust and roll out to fit a 10" pie plate,flute pastry edge to stand up.
- Refrigerate while making apple custard filling.
- For Filling:
- Combine the applesauce,brown sugar,rind and juice of the lemon,plus the nutmeg,place all in a bowl.
- Stir in eggs and cream until well blended.
- Pour into the pastry shell.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes,then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 40 minutes,or until the top is golden and the filling starts to firm up.
- Cool in the pan on rack.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Garnish with the Cinnamon Apple Rings.
- Whipped Cream that Brandy has been added,sprinkle with a little nutmeg on top of the Brandy Whipped Cream.