Sweet And Sour PorkFrom peanutt 8 years ago
- 2 cps uncooked rice shopping list
- 1 lb pork (cut into strips) shopping list
- 2 tbls soy sauce shopping list
- 1 chopped onion shopping list
- 1 red or green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 (8oz) can pineapple chunks in juice shopping list
- 1/4 cp ketchup shopping list
- 1 tbls cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tbls sugar shopping list
- 1 tbls rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tbls minced garlic shopping list
- salt and peper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice.
- Mix pork with 1 tbls soy sauce.
- Drain pineapple juice into a 1 cp glass measuring cup.
- Add enough water to make 2/3 cp.
- Stir in remaining soy sauce, ketchup, cornstarch, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour 1/2 tsp oil in a pan. When oil ripples when pan is tilted add onion, bell pepper, ginger and garlic.
- Stir often until pepper is tender-crisp to bite. (about 2-3 mins)
- Pour from pan into a serving bowl.
- Add remaining oil and pork to pan. Stir often until pork is no longer pink in t he center (about 4-5 mins)
- Return vegetable mixture to pan and add pineapples. Stir the pineapple juice mixture and add to pan.
- Stir until sauce boils and thickens ( about 1 minute)
- Add salt and pepper and pour into a serving bowl. Serve with rice.