Miniature Pineapple Upside Down CakesFrom luisascatering 8 years ago
- For the yellow cake: shopping list
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican dark rum shopping list
- for Caramel: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 cans organic mini pineapple rings (or you can make your own from fresh pineapple if you can't find these or use canned pineapple tidbits instead) shopping list
How to make it
- Set rack at the middle level in the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour 2 (12 muffin) muffin tins.
- Combine 4 tablespoons pineapple juice, sugar, and butter over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Combine the eggs, egg yolk, milk, pineapple juice, rum and vanilla extract. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture then add half the milk mixture. Continue to alternate beginning and ending with flour mixture. Scape the bowl and beater often.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of the caramel into prepared muffin tins and top with pineapple rings. Pour batter over the pineapple and smooth top with a spoon. Bake cakes about 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean.
- Cool in pans on rack for 5 minutes, then turn out onto parchment paper and let cool completely.
- Garnish with fresh whipped cream and fresh cherry with stem if desired.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating8 people
They look very good! High 5!dmajor in Slidell loved it
Wow, Luisa - these look great! They are almost too pretty to eat...but I'd force myself. Heh. Great idea - and I flagged you for beauty as well. Great picture. :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
I need to thank you for thinking of me when you sent me your gorgeous Miniature Pineapple Upside Down recipe they are really spectacular.
Five forks and flagged as beautiful and unique.trigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!