Easy Apple Poke CakeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 cups peeled and chopped ( bite size ) apples shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk or cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
How to make it
- Mix eggs, oil, and sugar well.
- Add flour, salt and soda and mix well, , then add vanilla, apples and nuts.
- Spread in well-greased/floured tube pan.
- Bake at 350 F. 1 hr. or tested done
- Remove to rack, while hot, use ice pick to poke holes in cake.
- Place topping on hot cake
- Cool and carefully remove from pan.
- Combine in saucepan 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup margarine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 2-1/2 minutes.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
love this apple cake yummy thanks high6momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yowza! Yowza! I'm liking this one too, joan. You get my high 17!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Love apple cakes, always look for new apple recipes. Another keeper for me, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it