Rich Pouring Chocolate Creamy SauceFrom wynrol 8 years ago
How to make it
- Melt the chocolate either by low power in the micro, or in a glass bowl sitting in a pan of water. With good chocalte e.g. over 60% coco solids, keep the heat low and melt slowly to ensure the cholate does not become sticky.
- Once half melted, add the butter and honey and continue to melt and stir to ensure ingredients blend together.
- When completely melted, add the cream of your choice and stir till smooth. Single cream will be runnier, and double cream makes it both richer and creamier.
- This sauce keeps well for 4 or 5 days in the fridge covered with cling film.
- If you plan to make the chocolate a day or 2 ahead, leave out the cream and when ready to serve, heat up the chocolate sauce in the micro, and then add the cream and stir well to blend. Make sure the chocolate sauce does not reach boiling point, just hot enough to melt.
- Will keep in fridge for 2 days after cream has been added.
- For variety, you can use flavoured choclate e.g. orange, mint etc or you can add 1 x TBLSP of your favourite tipple e.g. whisky, Scotch Mist, Drambui, Glayva liquers
The Cookwynrol Aberdeen, Scotland
The Rating8 people
Chocolate.. right up my alley, Nigel. Thanks for the post and you have my ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
oh, I love the fact that it can be made ahead of time. High 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
another great post high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!