Sweet Potato Biscuits with Bacon and ThymeFrom lillyann 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dust a counter top lightly with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, bacon, and chopped thyme. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sweet potato, milk, and brown sugar.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Dump mixture out onto a floured counter and knead a few times just to finish mixing the dough.
- Pat out into a circle about 1/2 inch thick. Cut biscuits and arrange them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes until just lightly browned on top.
- 7. Enjoy warm with a little butter.
- Recipe notes: To make 1/2 cup of mashed sweet potatoes, I just peeled one smallish sweet potato, cut it into chunks, and boiled it for about 15 minutes until it was fork tender. I put the potato through a food mill, but you can mash it however you like. Just make sure that it’s tender enough not to leave little chunks in your biscuits! You could also mash a leftover baked sweet potato.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating6 people
awsome biscuits high5 bacon a plus thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I agree sounds awsome. Thanks for the postdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
This is 5 to me! Great Postmidgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!