Drunken Candied YamsFrom recipeguru 5 years ago
- 2-3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into chunky cubes shopping list
- one stick butter, melted shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 T orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 t cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 t nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 C brown sugar shopping list
- 1 T corn starch shopping list
- 1/4 C honey shopping list
- 2 T corn syrup (dark or light) shopping list
- 2 T maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 C bourbon shopping list
- 1 can of pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained (add the juice to the previous items) shopping list
- 1/2 C pecans, chopped coarsely shopping list
- marshmallows (optional topping) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place peeled & cubed sweet potatoes in large bowl.
- Drizzle melted butter over them until well coated
- In small mixing bowl, add next 10 ingredients & stir well
- Pour over sweet potatoes & toss until well coated
- Pour mixture into 13x9x2 baking dish
- Add pineapple.
- Bake covered 30 minutes or until fork pierces thru potatoes easily.
- Increase oven temp to 400; sprinkle pecans over and return to oven to bake for another 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Add marshmallows and bake until lightly brown.
- (I will post picture of this one when I make it again next week for Christmas dinner!) ~ ENJOY! ~
The Cookrecipeguru Charleston, WV
The Rating4 people
Just lovely, guru. Thanks and my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
wow! what a lovely recipe. i do not have bourbon in the house - i guess it would not taste as well if i take iris single malt, the only whiskey i have on the house?
i will save this for the time when yams can be bought here - or sweet potatoes. ...morekochhexe in Butzbach loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!