Bears Potato CandyFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 3 c sugar shopping list
- 1 tb butter or butter substitute shopping list
- 1 c Pitted and chopped dates shopping list
- 1/2 c sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1 c Chopped candied cherries shopping list
- 1 ts vanilla shopping list
- 1 c Chopped marshmallows shopping list
- 1/4 ts salt shopping list
How to make it
- Boil sugar, milk, water, butter, and salt to soft ball stage (234 - 238 F).
- Add cherries and dates.
- Boil to firm ball stage (245 - 248 F).
- Add marshmallows.
- Do not stir.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add flavoring.
- Beat until thick and creamy. Add nuts.
- Pour into well-buttered, 9"x13" shallow pan. Cut in squares.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating5 people
Mmmmm! Sounds like some fun to me and I will be trying it. My usual candy repertoire consists of fudge and peanut brittle. A third would be more than welcome. Thanks,Grizzly and accept my five please.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm good yummy grizz waiting on mine send it airmail lol or drive by cycle hahaha
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh my, I do remember my grandmother making this delicious candy.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!