Chicken Macaroni CasseroleFrom blueeyes68ky 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-poupose flour shopping list
- 2 cups light cream shopping list
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups chicken broth, divided shopping list
- 3/4 pound process American cheese, cubed shopping list
- 2 boxes (7 ounces each) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained shopping list
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- Snipped fresh parsley, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour until combined.
- Add cream and 1-1/2 cups of the broth all at once; stir until smooth.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat; add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni, chicken, pimientos, salt and pepper.
- Add additonal broth if needed.
- Pour into a 3-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating9 people
Hmmmmmmmm this is differrent but sounds really good too
thank you blue
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This does sound really good. Thanks for sending this one!jett2whit in Union City loved it
my kinda stuff!herby in Albany loved it