Blue Cheese and Bacon First Down DipFrom lillyann 7 years ago
- 8 slices bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup (4-oz.) crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp, stirring often. Remove from skillet and drain.
- Add garlic to skillet and sauté over low heat for 1 minute.
- Combine cream cheese and cream in food processor bowl or mixer and blend until smooth. Stir in bacon, garlic, crumbled cheese and green onions.
- Portion dip in medium baking dish; bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Garnish with toasted walnuts.
- Serve warm dip with kettle cooked potato chips.
- COOKS NOTE: Better-for-You Variation: This dip is also great served with fresh veggie sticks such as red and orange bell peppers, celery and baby carrots.
- COOKS NOTE: For added convenience, dip can be made ahead, held chilled and baked right before serving (be sure to portion the dip in the container that it will be baked in before refrigerating).
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating4 people
You have done it again! Bleu cheese and bacon are a great flavor combo. This sounds like a very rich dip. Better serve lots of frozen margaritas to help offset the richness. :) I am printing this one and the next family get-together...morepaulasue1 in Litchfield Park loved it