New England Clam And Corn Chowder With HerbsFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 6 thick slices bacon,cut crosswise into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 large onion,chopped shopping list
- 2 large carrots,peeled,chopped shopping list
- 11/4tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 3/4tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 3Tbs flour shopping list
- 4c whole milk shopping list
- 1 8oz. unpeeled white-skinned potato,cut in 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 3 61/2oz. cans chopped clams in juice shopping list
- 1 8 3/4oz. can corn kernels,drained shopping list
- chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon in large saucepan over med heat to crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour all but 3 Tbs drippings from pan. Add next 4 ingredients to the pan;sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute till vegetables are crisp tender,about 5 mins. Sprinkle flour over,stir 1 to 2 mins.
- Gradually add milk to pan,stirring constantly. Bring to boil;reduce heat to med. and cook till slightly thickened,stirring often,about 5 mins. Add potatoes,clams with juice and drained corn. Bring to boil;reduce heat to med-low and simmer till potatoes are tender,stirring often ,about 10 mins. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among bowls,sprinkle with bacon and parslet,and serve.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
Indeed, clare! Thanks and my ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Mmmm...this just spells comfort to me!juels in Clayton loved it
Love the spices you've added to this... big five on that... davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it