Ritz Mock Apple PieFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out bottom pastry crust and fit into 9" pie plate.
- Break Ritz crackers coarsely into pie shell.
- Combine water, sugar and cream of tartar in saucepand.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and juice.
- Pour this syrup over crackers.
- Dot generously with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover pie with top crust.
- Trim and flute edges.
- Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes OR until crust is golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve warm.
- Cut into 6 to 8 slices.