French Toast SticksFrom shandy 7 years ago
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. milk shopping list
- 2 T. maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 8 slices of white bread - cut into 4 strips each -- shopping list
- **I use potato bread and sourdough bread** shopping list
- 3 T. butter - divided shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, sugar, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon with a fork until well blended. Dip each bread strip into the egg mixture, coating completely. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook the bread strips a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown, adding more butter as needed.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool, then cover and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, reheat in the oven or toaster oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- I sometimes sprinkle powdered sugar on top when serving and add a small dish of warm maple syrup on the side for dipping.
People Who Like This Dish 58
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating4 people
My son loves the french toast sticks I buy at the grocery store. I need to make them myself..thank you for this recipe!michellem in Idaho loved it
I made up a test batch and froze.... Grandkids are always looking for goodies.. these I know what is in them. Anyway.... they passed the test, the 4 year old took the rest home!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Excellent recipe! Even though I made it with old bread - and boring white bread at that - it still tasted wonderful. Thanks for the post.danieljdavis in Birmingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!