French Toast SticksFrom shandy 8 years ago
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. milk shopping list
- 2 T. maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 8 slices of white bread - cut into 4 strips each -- shopping list
- **I use potato bread and sourdough bread** shopping list
- 3 T. butter - divided shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, sugar, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon with a fork until well blended. Dip each bread strip into the egg mixture, coating completely. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook the bread strips a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown, adding more butter as needed.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool, then cover and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, reheat in the oven or toaster oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- I sometimes sprinkle powdered sugar on top when serving and add a small dish of warm maple syrup on the side for dipping.
People Who Like This Dish 59
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating4 people
Excellent recipe! Even though I made it with old bread - and boring white bread at that - it still tasted wonderful. Thanks for the post.danieljdavis in Birmingham loved it
I made up a test batch and froze.... Grandkids are always looking for goodies.. these I know what is in them. Anyway.... they passed the test, the 4 year old took the rest home!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
My son loves the french toast sticks I buy at the grocery store. I need to make them myself..thank you for this recipe!michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!