Sheep Wagon Carrot CakeFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/3 carrots, finely grated shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 1 cup nuts, chopped shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar, water, carrots, raisins, butter and spices in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow to rest for 12 hours.
- **Comment on original recipe: "the secret of this cake is to let the boiled ingredients stand for twelve hours. Gerry has always followed this step.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Add baking soda, mixing to dissolve.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Lastly, fold in the nuts.
- Pour batter into 2 well-greased loaf pans OR 1 tube pan.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven.
- **Gerry's notes: Keeps well. Yield depends on serving size.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
Love carrot cake, and this one sounds wonderful! Great combo of spices here.juels in Clayton loved it
Mmmmmmmmmm! Love a good carrot cake & love an OLD recipe even more! Thanks for the share.dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
very interesting way to put it together. Sounds great. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it