Pfeffernusse Christmas CookiesFrom c_gomezmail 7 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark molasses shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- Sifted powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Grease cookie sheets; set aside. Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt, cloves, cardamom and pepper in a large bowl; stir to combine. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in molassas and egg. Gradually add flour mixture. Beat at low speed until dough forms. Cover dough and refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cookies to wire racks; dust with sifted powdered sugar. Cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.