Cream of Mushroom SoupFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered OR sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tablepoons shallots, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- parsley, minced for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Coarsely chop mushrooms with lemon juice in food processor.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan (4-5 quart).
- Saute shallots slightly on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, thyme and bay leaf.
- Saute over moderate heat for 10 to 15 minutes OR until the liquid from the mushrooms disappears.
- Add salt, pepper, cream and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and simmer for 10 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Correct for seasoning.
- Add more lemon juice to taste.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating9 people
Mmmm...love me a good mushroom soup! Can't stand the flavor of canned...juels in Clayton loved it
love mushroom soup and this looks delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
wow another good one mmmmmmmm i could use some for breakfast its cold here lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it