Best Butter TartsFrom theoldprof 5 years ago
- 2/3 cup real butter (nothing else will do!!!) shopping list
- 2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbsp corn syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup currants shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Line 12 tart tins with pastry
- Beat the butter and sugar together
- Add the corn syrup and beat again.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between them.
- Add the vanilla, nutmeg, currants, raisins and walnuts if you're using them
- Mix well
- Fill each tart about 2/3 full
- Bake for 5 minutes at 400F and then reduce the oven to 375F and bake for another 15 or 20 minutes until brown and firm to the touch.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooktheoldprof Belleville, CA
The Rating6 people
Thank you so much for this recipe. I'll definitely try making these. Do you suggest using pie pastry or a puff pastry? Please let me know and thank you again!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
luv these tarts great post high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love butter tarts but keep the currents and the raisins and I'll be a happy, happy camper. 5 forkssarah_jayne in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!