Pickled Jalapeno with Onion CarrotsFrom melsmex 7 years ago
- 5 whole cloves shopping list
- 1/4 pound jalapeño peppers -- sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 1/2 large onion -- sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 10 black peppercorns shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic -- crushed shopping list
- 1 carrot -- sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 bay leaf – crushed shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Add all ingredients except olive oil to a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. When done, add 1/3 cup olive oil. When cool, store in a canning jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for a while before using as the olive oil will be cloudy until it warms up.
The Cookmelsmex Medina, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!