Spaghetti With Onion SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 medium white onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hot water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 anchovy fillets chopped shopping list
- 1 pound spaghetti shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Slice onions very thin.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onions, water, salt and pepper then cook over low heat covered 15 minutes.
- Add anchovies and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining olive oil then remove from heat and keep warm.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil then add 1 tablespoon salt and cook spaghetti al dente.
- Drain and put into a warmed serving bowl then dress with onion sauce tossing well.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.