Country fried chickenFrom jb4 7 years ago
- 1 fryer chicken, cut in pieces shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl mix 2 tsps salt with the 2 cups water.
- Place the chicken parts inside and let soak for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a shallow dish.
- Set aside.
- In another shallow dish mix eggs and milk together.
- Dredge chicken parts in flour mixture then in egg mixture and then flour mixture again.
- Do this for all the chicken parts.
- Place all chicken pieces onto a baking sheet and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Pour oil into an electric skillet to a depth of 1/2 inch and heat to 375 degrees.
- Fry chicken in batches, 10 minutes per side or until golden.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees, cover and cook for 25 minutes or until done.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and keep warm in an oven while you finish the remaining chicken.