Mushroom And Potato Soup With Marsala WineFrom rottman 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 tb butter shopping list
- 1 tb oil shopping list
- 1 ea onion, coursely chopped shopping list
- 4 ea potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 12 oz mixed mushrooms, portabello, white, cremini, rough chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2/3 cup marsala wine shopping list
- 5 cup good chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- sour cream for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, turning it in the butter until well coated. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic. Cover for 5-10 minutes. Add the Marsala. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth. Season and bring to a boil. Cook for an additional 15 minutes until ingredients are tender.
- Put the mixture in a food processor and blend until it has been coursely chopped.
- If you desire, you may add one bunch of finely chopped parsley at this point. I don't, but it's your call.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream added to each bowl.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating7 people
Lovely recipe! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Mmmmmmmmm love it rottman .i love soups and its a great time for them with all this cold weather
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Nice recipe - it sounds so delicious and comforting. I like the Marsala here - thanks!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!