Chocolate Italian Cream CakeFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 cups ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix shopping list
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 x 2-inch cake pan.
- Prepare cake as per package instructions using 3 eggs and 1/3 cup oil; pour into prepared pan and set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over cake batter.
- Swirl through the batter with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; let cool down and transfer to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate pudding mix and non-dairy whipped topping; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Refrigerate pudding mixture.
- Cover cake with pudding mixture.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until serving time.
- TIP: For baking purposes, when buying ricotta cheese in a plastic container, it is best to take the following precautions in order to not end up with a soggy cake: In a small skillet over very low heat, add ricotta. Once the cheese has shed its excess liquid, discard liquid. Wrap ricotta in cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Ricotta is ready for baking once it has stopped dripping.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating5 people
Wonderful recipe! HIGH FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
OH YEAH BABY I LOVE IT TOO SPARROW YUMMMMM
FIVE PLUS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This was one of my Mom's favorites. I do believe that she could eat the whole thing!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it