Potato and White Bean ChowderFrom bluewaterandsand 5 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1/4 cup scallion (green onions) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh shopping list
- 2 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 medium potato shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrots shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, black ground shopping list
- 1 cup milk, fat-free shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose shopping list
- 1/2 can beans, white kidney shopping list
How to make it
- Coat an unheated nonstick medium saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add green onions, dried Italian seasoning (if using), and garlic to hot saucepan.
- Cook until green onions are tender.
- Add the water, potato, carrot, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 12 minutes or until potato and carrot are tender. Do not drain.
- Slightly mash potato and carrot with a fork or potato masher.
- In a screw-top jar combine milk and flour; cover and shake well.
- Stir milk mixture into potato mixture. Cook and stir until thickened
- and bubbly. Stir in fresh herb (if using) and beans.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Serves 2 to 4
- Sprinkle individual servings with nutmeg.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating4 people
hey teresa back for more fun tonight hahaha
love soups sweetie and this one sounds really good
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Looks great! Thank you for sharing! :)adzell in Ann Arbor loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!