Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter BallsFrom barneswifemn 8 years ago
- 2 cups peanut butter-I use Jiffy shopping list
- 3 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 stick melted butter shopping list
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal shopping list
- 2 pkg. chocolate chips-I use Giradelli semi sweet shopping list
- 1/2 bar paraffin wax- Gulf Wax household paraffin wax for canning. shopping list
How to make it
- In double broiler melt wax and chocolate.
- While that heats up mix together peanut butter and melted butter. Add powder sugar then the Rice Krispies. I usually end up using my hands to mix the peanut butter mixture.
- Make balls about the size of a ping pong ball and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Dip each ball in chocolate with a fork tap to remove excess chocolate.
- Place back on wax paper.
- Place in freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until the balls remove easily from the wax paper.
- You can find the wax at the grocery store in the baking aisle by the canning stuff, It is called Gulf Wax household paraffin cooking wax for canning.
- If you do not have a double broiler take a sauce pan fill 1/3 with water in another sauce pan add chocolate & wax place on top of pan with water, heat on stove about med. low heat.
- I keep it on the heat while I am dipping the balls.
- Do not cook chocolate at too high of heat it will ruin it.
- If you have chocolate left over you can cover the pan and reuse with in 3-4 days.
The Cookbarneswifemn Minneapolis, MN
The Rating3 people
Peanut butter & chocolate are always a winner!! I added this to my Peanut Butter Buddies group. Come on down!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
yummmmmm yummmmm yummmmmmm yummmmm ok did I mention YUUUUMMMMMMgoddoesmiracles in Union loved it
I've been making this one since the 70's - my oldest daughter's favorite holiday candy! I've never used the wax, though. They are a delicious little bite, with few ingredients!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!