Peach TurnoversFrom julien 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tbls cornstarch shopping list
- 2 lbs fresh peaches, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 3 tbls butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed shopping list
- 1 egg (beaten with 1 teaspoon water) shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- As you're slicing the peaches, save the juice.
- Combine peach juice (in my case it was about 1 cup since they were frozen) with sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add peaches, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cool slightly.
- Lightly roll out each pastry sheet on floured surface.
- Cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Place some of peach filling on half of each square. Brush edges with beaten egg. fold over into triangle (or rectangle) and press to seal edges (or crimip with fork).
- Place on baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown and puffy.
- Cool on racks. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost with a powdered sugar frosting.
The Cookjulien Charlotte, NC
The Rating4 people
thank you!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
These sound delicious & I'll be trying them real soon. Thanks for sharing. 5555brianna in loved it
wow just gotta try this one a plus in baking yummy high5 and above thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!