Lemon Tea CakesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 5-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 3-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the lemon juice, extracts and lemon peel.
- Add flour; beat just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients.
- Dip tops of cakes into glaze; place on waxed paper to dry.
- Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
Lovely "lemony" tea cake recipe Midgelet. I am looking forward to making these. High 5.pippy in loved it
wow makes a lot of muffins my family will love these thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
These sound so nice. Thank you for posting.
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it