Spicy Green BeansFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb fresh green beans shopping list
- 1 ea In cube peeled chopped ginger shopping list
- 10 ea whole cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 c water shopping list
- 5 T vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 t whole cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 ea Dried hot red chili shopping list
- 2 t ground coriander shopping list
- 1 1/4 t salt shopping list
- 3 T lemon juice shopping list
- 1 t Ground roasted cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Trim the green beans and cut them crosswise at 1/4 in intervals.
- Put the ginger and garlic into the container of an electric lender or food processor. Add 1/3 of the water and blend until fairly smooth. Heat the oil in a wide, heavy saucepan over a medium flame. When hot, put in the cumin seeds. Five seconds later, put in the crushed chili. As soon as it darkens, pour in the ginger-garlic paste.
- Stir and cook for about a minute. Put in the coriander. Stir a few times. Now put in the chopped tomatoes. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes, mashing up the tomato pieces with the back of a slotted
- spoon as you do so. Put in the beans, salt and the remaining water. Bring to simmer. Cover, turn heat to low and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the beans are tender. Remove the cover. Add the lemon juice, roasted cumin, and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper. Turn heat up and boil away all of the liquid, stirring the beans gently as you do so.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating6 people
sounds wonderful i need my mouth woke up hahahaha
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sure will. Can't wait to get some green beans to try this on. 5!mbeards2 in Omaha loved it
Another wonderful recipe from you to us. Can't wait to try this. I love green beans & these sound delicious. 5555++++ & morebrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!