Mexican Chicken BakeFrom pleasantvalleycabins 6 years ago
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 6-9 flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozarella shopping list
- 1 chipotle pepper (in adobo sauce), seed and ribs removed and very finely chopped. shopping list
- 1 teaspon adobo sauce shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped very finely shopping list
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, chopped very finely shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. paprika shopping list
- lettuce shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the chicken breasts for about 20-30 minutes in water on top of the stove. Set aside to cool. Save about 1/2 cup of the water to add to the chicken later.
- Chop the chipotle pepper and put 1/2 in 2 separate medium bowls.
- Chop the red pepper and onion and add to one of the bowls.
- To the chipotle peppers, red pepper and onion add the cheese, Adobo sauce and paprika.
- Stir well to combine.
- Shred the chicken and add it to the other bowl.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir well to combine. Add the "chicken broth" and stir.
- Spray the bottom of 9x13 pan w/ cooking spray.
- Layer 1/3 of the chicken on the bottom.
- Top with a couple of flour tortillas, cut to fit the entire pan. (Depending on whether you have burrito size or soft taco size, you may use 2 or 3).
- Cover tortillas with another 1/3 of the chicken.
- Top chicken with 1/3 of the cheese mixture.
- Top with second layer of tortillas, then 1/3 of chicken and 1/3 of cheese.
- Top with third layer of tortillas then final 1/3 of cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve with lettuce, sour cream and salsa.
The Cookpleasantvalleycabins Logan, US
The Rating3 people
We tried this on Friday night and it was a HUGE hit! We couldn't find the adobo sauce so we used something else. But it was fantastic and breakfast for my husband on sat morning. :-)kellyg72 in Roseville loved it
This sounds wonderful ( and easy). Thanks Got my 5 forks! I already know this is a keeper.sunflower48386 in White Lake loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!