Bourbon Pecan Pound CakeFrom indicatorsrule1 8 years ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 8 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup bourbon shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp bourbon shopping list
- 2 Tbsp water shopping list
How to make it
- Beat shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating, at medium speed 5 to 7 min. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine sour cream and 1/2 cup bourbon.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and nutmeg, Add to shortening mixture alternating with sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 to 15 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 min and then remove from pan.
- Combine all ingredients, stirring until smooth and drizzle over cooled cake
The Cookindicatorsrule1 Gilbert, AZ
The Rating4 people
WOW - great addition! Thanks for sharing.jett2whit in Union City loved it
This recipe is really making me want to cheat on my diet! Thanks for sharing. It's bookmarked. This will serve as a wonderful reward once I reach my goal!meals4abby in Valders loved it
Sounds great, thanks for sharing, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!