Best Chicken EnchiladasFrom chefcarolyn 10 years ago
- 12 - 15 flour tortillas, medium size (8" - 10") shopping list
- 8 oz green chilies, canned, chopped shopping list
- 3 1/2 C cooked chicken with Fajita seasoning, chopped shopping list
- 1 pt heavy cream or half-and-half shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, smashed and diced shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese (light is acceptable) shopping list
- 16 oz Mexican blend cheese shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 14 oz can of corn, drained shopping list
- 1-2 cans black beans (your preference), rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, diced (more if you like it spicier) shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onion, garlic, red pepper and pepper in butter. Add chilies for a minute, and then add cream cheese. Stir until melted. Add chicken, beans and corn. Combine ingredients.
- Fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture. Make the enchiladas, place in the pan (large enough to fit enchiladas), cover with cheese and then pour the heavy cream over the enchiladas. If you want to have very soft cheese, cover with foil. For a crispier top leave the foil off.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- For a great side dish add a bit of the filling to a can of corn, add some hot sauce or chopped chipotle peppers, heat and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 90
The Cookchefcarolyn Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating17 people
Debra, thanks for pointing out my omission. I've fixed the recipe now.chefcarolyn in Oklahoma City loved it
OK I tried this recipe tonight. I was using up stuff in the fridge. These are the changes I made. Salsa Verde instead of the chilies, Pinto instead of black beans, My own fajita seasoning,Orange instead of red pepper,Queso Fresco, and Kraft block che...moredandelion in Ashland loved it
I've made this recipe many times. I love it!! I served it to my family tonight. The best is right!canzi in San Diego loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!