Perogies - from scratchFrom rockstar 6 years ago
- Dough shopping list
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 ml) shopping list
- • 1/2 tsp salt (2 ml) shopping list
- • 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- • 2 tsp vegetable oil (10 ml) shopping list
- • 1/2 to 3/4 cup hot tap water (125 ml to 175 ml) shopping list
- potato cheese Filling shopping list
- • 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks shopping list
- • 1T sour cream (15 ml) shopping list
- • 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (250 ml) shopping list
- • salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place flour on counter or wooden board. Sprinkle salt on top of flour. Make a well in centre.
- Place egg yolks and oil in well. Using the tips of your fingers, stir in circular motion, working from middle of flour mixture out and adding water with other hand, a little at a time, as you go. You have added enough water when dough begins to hold together and so just slightly sticky.
- Form into ball, scraping up and adding any bits that stick to counter
- Knead dough, adding a little more water if necessary, 20 to 25 times or until soft and elastic. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Potato Cheese Filling
- Add potatoes to medium pot of boiling salted water. Cook until soft.
- Add sour cream, yogurt or milk. Mash with potatoes masher or ricer.
- Stir in cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
The Cookrockstar Hamilton, CA
The Rating5 people
Perogies are a family favorite and your recipe is wonderful.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
Me and My Family Love Perogies ...
Thanks for This Homemade Recipe, Will Give
These A Try!!! High 555555chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
I love perogies and have never made them at home. It's about time I did. Thanks for sharing your recipe! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!