Homemade Dinner RollsFrom chef_irish 4 years ago
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose or bread flour, divided use shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast or 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Make a well in the center and add warm water (115°F to 120°F), egg and butter.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Stir in remaining 2 cups flour and mix well.
- Dough should be soft and elastic. Scrape sides of bowl, cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Lightly flour a work surface and knead dough for about 2 minutes.
- Press into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle and cut into 18 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a smooth ball and place on baking sheets.
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F.
- If desired, brush tops of rolls with an egg white mixed with a little water.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm...Makes 18 rolls.