Hearty Potato SoupFrom blueeyes68ky 5 years ago
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 2 carrots, diced shopping list
- 6 celery stalks, diced shopping list
- 2 quarts water shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large kettle, cook potatoes, carrots and celery in water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving liquid and setting vegetables aside.
- In the same kettle, sauce onion in butter until soft.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper; gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Gently stir in cooked vegetables.
- Add 1 cup or more of reserved cooking liquid until soup is desired consistency.
- Yield: 8-10 servings (aboutr2-1/2 quarts).
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating7 people
This looks wonderful! Thanks for the post.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
fantastic potatoe soup thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Looks and sounds delicious! Beautiful picture, making me hungry!juels in Clayton loved it
Southern Cooks554 members
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
Veggies Fruits And Grains54 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
Pass The Potatoes102 members
Holy Hot Potatoes Batman60 members