Texas Enchilada SauceFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 13 ounces tomato sauce shopping list
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/3 cup chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced shopping list
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan combine tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, pepper, salt and garlic.
- Cover and cook over medium heat while you prepare onion.
- In a small skillet, over medium heat, saute the onion for about 4 minutes.
- Stir into sauce.
- **I usually do this in the reverse order. Saute the onion and add tomato.
- Cook sauce for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chopped bell pepper and cook 10 minutes more.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating7 people
Once again, very nice spice combo here. The sauce sounds delish!juels in Clayton loved it
This is lovely if for no other reason than I can never find this stuff in the grocery. I hate Wal-Mart.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I have the worst time finding decent prepared enchilada sauces at the grocer - I am definitely going to try this homemade version for our next enchilada night...it sounds so much more flavorgul. Thanks, la!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it