Pan-fried Crab DumplingsFrom chefmal 6 years ago
- 1 lb Package Frozen crabmeat (Regular or Immitation) shopping list
- 1 pkg (150 ct) floured Dumpling Shells, like $1 and change at your local asian supermarket. shopping list
- 5-6 scallions, chopped into coins shopping list
- 1/2 red pepper (Bell or Sweet), diced shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced shopping list
- 1 Pinch sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbspns dried dill weed or 1/4 Cup fresh, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 tspn salt and pepper shopping list
- (Optional) 1 tspn Dried chervil shopping list
- 6 fl. oz olive or grapeseed oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Chop up crabmeat into little bits, then toss into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in scallions, red pepper, lemon zest, dill, sugar, salt, pepper, parlsey, lemon juice and chervil if desired. Add a sprinkle of oil, toss and coat well.
- Spread wax paper on the table and get a little container of water, you'll need them.
- Peel the dumpling shells one by one, coating both sides with water and put them on the wax paper. Fill a small amount in the center about the size of a quarter, then wrap it, pinching it closed. Make sure you keep the area wet and don't put them too close together or they'll stick and rip apart.
- Fill a skillet or wok with the remaining oil and heat with a high flame until oil crackles with a drop of water.
- Fry dumplings on both sides until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes each. If using raw fish, 8-10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels or rack.
- Serve warm with soy sauce or dumpling dipping sauce.
- If desired, garnish with a lemon wedge and a spring of fresh parlsey.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
The Rating5 people
Absolutely fabulous! I admit that once I forgot to buy half and half for a potato soup I was making so I subbed Coffeemate and EVERYONE raved over how good it was and it WAS.....never told a soul til now!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Just Awesome Going to Try These...
Great Recipe...High 5555
chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!