Lemon-Apple CobblerFrom blueeyes68ky 5 years ago
- Pastry for 1-crust pie shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, grated peel and juice shopping list
- 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 Tblsp. flour shopping list
- 1/8 Tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 4 c. peeled apple slices shopping list
- 2 Tblsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- cream or ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer lemon juice and peel with water about 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg.
- Blend into lemon mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
- Add apples and butter.
- Pour into a 6"x10"x2" pan or 9" pie pan.
- Cover top with rolled pastry and flute against pan.
- Cut steam vents.
- Bake in hot over (400 degrees F.) until apples are tender and crust is golden, about 35 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with cream or ice cream.
- Makes 5 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating6 people
This is more tangy the way I like it.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
The lemon would definitely add a nice tartness to this pie - thanks, blue!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Sure wish I had a big bowl right now! Mmmmmm tastyjett2whit in Union City loved it
Southern Cooks554 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
Lemon Lovers166 members
An Apple A Day30 members
Apple A Day12 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere48 members