Queso Fundido al TequilaFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes—cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice shopping list
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced shopping list
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tequila shopping list
- 1/2 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded (3 cups) shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro shopping list
- Warm corn tortillas or corn chips, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add the diced tomatoes, minced jalapeños, diced onion and a large pinch of salt and cook over moderately high heat, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the tequila and cook, stirring frequently, until the skillet looks nearly dry, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the cheese and cook, stirring constantly, until fully melted, about 30 seconds.
- Quickly transfer the queso fundido to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately, with tortillas or chips.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
if its like I had before, it's good!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Awesome! On my super bowl bash menu.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Like Mexican fondue, kinda! This has Steelers Superbowl written all over it!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
Cilantro Lovers130 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
We Like It HOT66 members
Vegetarian Appetizers41 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members