Chicken Sausage and Mushroom Pot PieFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- CRUST: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 10 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter in 1/2" cube shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (or more) ice water shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 12 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 1/4 pounds italian sausage, uncased shopping list
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 1" pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup Madeira shopping list
- 2 cups low salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup fresh chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and thickly sliced shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water shopping list
How to make it
- Blend flour and salt in processor.
- Add butter and cut in, using on/off turns, until coarse meal forms.
- Add 4 tablespoons ice water.
- Using on/off turns, blend until moist clumps form, adding more water by 1/2 tablespoonfuls if dough is dry.
- Gather dough into a ball.
- Flatten into disk, wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Mix 2 tablespoons butter and flour in bowl to a smooth paste; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in large deep skillet.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and thyme.
- Saute until mushrooms brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add sausage and saute until no longer pink, about 7 minutes, breaking up as you go.
- Add chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute until chicken is no longer pink on outside, about 5 minutes.
- Add Madeira and boil 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Mix in butter/flour paste.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to 10-cup round baking dish.
- Top with egg slices.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 13 to 14" round.
- Place atop filling.
- Trim overhang to 1".
- Fold overhang under and crimp edge.
- Brush crust with glaze and cut slits in top of crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes OR until pie is golden.
- Allow to rest 15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
awsomw recipe great post llove this recipe print save and try thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love this too , evyrthing in it!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Mmmmmmmm good old comfort food...........yum
i love the sausage in it sounds so delicious
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it