Apple Salad with Pecans Blue Cheese and Orange VinaigretteFrom wynnebaer 8 years ago
- 2 cups orange juice shopping list
- 2 tbls. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbls. red onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbls. honey shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper shopping list
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 1 head endive, washed, torn into pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted shopping list
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Put orange juice in pan and bring to boil over high heat
- Reduce to 1/4 cup, about 30 minutes
- Let cool slightly
- In food processor, add orange reduction, Balsamic Vinegar, onion, and jalapeno and process until smooth
- With the motor running, slowly add olive oil until emulsified
- Add honey, salt and pepper, and pulse for just a second or 2
- Heat 3/4 cup of the orange vinaigrette in skillet over medium high heat
- Add apples and saute, turning until just cooked through, 2-3 minutes
- Remove from skillet and cool to room temp.
- In mixing bowl, add endive and toss with 4 tbls. orange vinaigrette
- Divide endive among 4 salad plates
- Put apples on top of endive
- Garnish with pecans and blue cheese
- Drizzle with remaining orange vinaigrette
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
The Rating3 people
oh yum i love this esp the orange vinaigrette
it all sounds yummy ......
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I can't wait to try this salad, so unique!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
First, wynne, ya gotta love the avatar! Second.. you got to just adore this salad. Fruit and blue cheese AND an orange vinaigrette? Over the top.
You got my five and my thanks for this beauty!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!