Tantalizing Barbequed Pork SpareribsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 pounds lean pork spareribs well trimmed shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon thin soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon black soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground bean sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice cooking wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oyster flavored sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
How to make it
- Cut spareribs into 2 equal pieces.
- Remove visible fat pockets then lightly score ribs in meat side and place in large bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar on both sides of ribs using more on the meaty side.
- Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes then pour off any excess liquid.
- In small bowl combine sauces, wine, oyster sauce, sesame oil and pepper.
- Stir to combine then pour over ribs making sure ribs are well coated.
- Loosely cover ribs with plastic wrap and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Just before roasting use hands to spread honey on ribs.
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Place rack in roasting pan and add enough water so water reaches depth of 1/2" in pan.
- Place marinated ribs meat side up on rack leaving 1" of space between 2 pieces.
- Carefully place pan in oven and roast 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the roasting pan of ribs from the oven and preheat broiler.
- Place roasting pan of ribs 4 inches from the heat and broil 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove ribs from the oven and set on a platter to cool 15 minutes.
- Cut ribs into individual ribs and serve immediately or at room temperature.