Egg Rolls 101From midgelet 7 years ago
- 3/4 lb deli ham sliced( or eqivelent in chopped cooked seafood )) shopping list
- 2 cups coleslaw mix ( shredded cabbage, carrots, ) shopping list
- 4 scallions thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts shopping list
- 1/3 cup fish sauce shopping list
- 20, 6 inch square egg roll / wonton wrappers shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 2 to 4 cups of canola oil or as needed shopping list
- Bottled duck sauce to serve with egg rolls. shopping list
How to make it
- Make the filling:
- Place ham in food processor and pulse to coarse grind.
- Transfer meat to a bowl and add the coleslaw mix and sprouts, scallions and fish sauce to blend..
- Set one wonton wrapper on a surface with one of the corners pointed towrds you.
- Place about 2 Tbs filling across the center ( 9 oclock and 3 oclock positions )
- Use a pastry brush to lightly brush the edges of the wrapper with egg.( healps them stick and seal ! )
- Fold the corner ( 6 oclock ) over top of the filling.
- Fold both side corners over the center and then roll the entire thing away from you, creating a tight cylinder.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining ingredients
- Add one inch of oil to a heavy duty pan and heat over medium heat to 350F ( use a thermometer to check ) Or use a tabletop deep fryolator too
- Use a slotted spoon to carefully lower 3 or 4 rolls at a time, frying about 2 minutes or as needed, turnin as needed ntil crispy and light brown on all sides.
- Transfer rolls to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Then place onto an ovenproof plate and keep warm in a 200F oven until all rolls are cooked
- Serve with the duck sauce on the side.
- Easy huh???
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
Very good instructions, Midge! Love eggrolls, and this recipe sounds really good!juels in Clayton loved it
great egg roll thanks. bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
These looks terrific Midge . I always enjoy your details and instructions!herby in Albany loved it