Best Ever Buffalo WingsFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 5 lb chicken Fresh wings and drumettes ( 20 to 25 pieces ) shopping list
- 4 Tbs kosher salt shopping list
- 4 Tbs Asian hot chiki sauce ) or to your liking shopping list
- 2 Tbs honey shopping list
- 2 tbs butter melted shopping list
- 1Ttbs soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs fresh chopped cilantro shopping list
- 4 cups oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat
- Place on baking sheet and cover with plastic and chill for 12 hours
- When ready to cook, remove from the fridge and pat dry with paper towels, brushing away any salt
- Let sit 10 to 15 mins at room temperature
- Whisk together the chili sauce, honey, butter, soy sauce and cilantro.
- Check the sauce by tasting and add more honey it too hot.
- Set aside.
- Place oil in a large dutch oven and heat till 275 F.
- Divide chicken in 4 batces and fry wings for 8 minutes
- When all are cooked increase heat to 375F and fry the batches again for 2 minutes or till crispy
- Transfer the pieces again to a paper lined baking sheet to drain and salt and pepper to taste
- Remove chciken pieces to a large bowl and pour over the prepared sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with blow your mind Blue cheese dip if desired
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
OK, midge. This seems worth the little effort and you get my 5!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
All these great wing recipes! That's a good thing because I could eat them every day...I like the Asian hot sauce in this one (my daughter's favorite). Sounds like something I need to make soon!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Love your recipe, double fried!herby in Albany loved it